3.14.2010

A Fly in Your Soup > A Strand of Hair in Your Omelette

It has been an extremely productive day... I woke up early, spruced myself up for breakfast with a friend at Mimi's Cafe, and walked a total of about 2.6 miles (I would've ran but I was carrying a purse and my Canon EOS Rebel XSi). For the most part, I had a pretty pleasant breakfast. My friend ordered the Blueberry Stuffed French Toast "Inside and Out" Breakfast, and I had the Five Alarm Santa Fe Omelette, which was roughly about 530 some calories.

Blueberry Stuffed French Toast "Inside and Out" Breakfast

Five Alarm Santa Fe Omelette

My breakfast was going fine until I was halfway done with my omelette and found a piece of hair inside of it. I'm just relieved that strand of hair never entered my mouth. It was gross; I had to ask for a new omelette. Other than having someone else's hair in my food, I had a good meal especially since I was pepped up on two cups of coffee. My friend's rant about her stubborn tween sister made me think of Twilight, Animaniacs' Katie Kaboom, and Britney Spear's "I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman," which made both of us laugh.

We went to Target afterwards, and after browsing through the makeup section, I have a new fascination with the names of different Maybelline lipstick shades (i.e. Born With It, Crazy For Coffee, Let Me Pink, and Are You Red-dy). Seriously, who has this job of naming lipstick shades?

Also... I'm
not normally a headband person, but I saw this one headband that actually looked decent on me and reminded me of Zooey Deschanel so I ended up getting it.

The only reason why my hands are like that in that pic (I don't have an evil plan to take over the world, I swear!) is because I'm holding a very small yellow flower. I really like that cardigan but it makes think of Moses in The Ten Commandments (1956) because of how the cardigan has stripes and drapes down:

Oh great. Now I have "Moses Supposes" in my head.

A good part of the afternoon was spent at Costco, which I kind of loathed. Costco on a Sunday for me is feeling suffocated with too many people and carts around, and also watching people wait in line for key lime pie flavored Yoplait. If I wasn't shopping with other people, I would have totally grabbed what I needed from Costco and left ASAP. le sigh.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You look really good in that picture!