3.12.2010

running, running as fast as we can

Today is a beautiful day to have a nice run/stroll, bright and sunny like the world is saying "hello!" and pushing me forward to better things. I think it's funny how I'm excited to go running/walking with my fellow Arcadian pal and I tried to double layer two tanks (one grey and the other a v. light pink) to be all BSG-like (hah. that screams 'geek' right there, doesn't it? *sarcasm: Oh, who will want me now? *cheeky smile*).

I stayed up last night watching parts of one of my favorite movies Sabrina (1954). You gotta love Billy Wilder because I don't think there are any other screenwriter/director as amazing and witty as Wilder and Preston Sturges anymore nowadays. Last night I kept on thinking about the cooking class scenes in the film, when a French teacher tells Audrey Hepburn and her fellow classmates to crack an egg with one hand cause well, "an egg is not a stone. It is not made of wood. It is a living thing with a heart. So when we crack it, we must not torment it. We must be merciful and execute it quickly, like with the guillotine."


"One, two three, crack! You see? It's all in the wrist."

and also when the class is making souffl
és in all different shapes and sizes
.
soufflé inspection

My favorite part of this particular cooking scene is when the wise old Baron St. Fontanel notices that Sabrina (Audrey Hepburn) didn't even turn on the oven, telling her that "[a] woman happily in love, she burns the soufflé. A woman unhappily in love, she forgets to turn on the oven."
a woman unhappily in love

Voilà...
a lesson on love and food. Am I either one of these women? Or am I neither? :P

P.S. By the way, in case you didn't catch that, "running, running as fast as we can" comes from this song.

No comments: